We asked Linked In members of the “Marketing Executives Group”:
What’s the #1 thing you need to figure out about the web?
Over 100 marketing professionals responded. We’ve sifted through all the responses to group and quantify them into an insightful list. Here are the top things marketing professionals want to figure out about the web in descending order:
- Understand who your target audiences are and how they see and use the web.
- How to measure ROI.
- Have a strategy for how the web should work in the overall marketing plan.
- How to leverage Social Media effectively.
- How to integrate marketing.
- Making sure your objectives are clear.
- How to leverage Search Engines.
- How to harness the myriad of tools available effectively.
- How to adapt or reinvent a business model to the new world.
- How to balance inbound and outbound marketing dollars.
- Use your website to present your brand and offering well.
- How to convert visitors into leads.
- Don’t get caught up with the band-wagon mentality, but focus on your specific situation.
- How to leverage your website as a direct extension of your sales force.
- How to get your target audience to find you.
- How to get people to engage my brand.
- Leverage mobile channels.
- Become a trusted authority or source of solution.
- Find a web specialist partner.
- Get Sales and Marketing teams to work together on strategizing the web strategy.
- How to provide genuine value to your target audience.
- How to make your website easy to use.
What’s the number #1 you need to figure out about the web? Post your thoughts below.