How Do I Manage Product Categories in WooCommerce?
1. Log in to wp-admin with user name and password.
2. In the dashboard, hover over “Products” and click on the dropdown for “Categories”.
3. To the right, you will see the categories that are currently in the system with the count of products already in the system.
4. Before you make categories, plan out the top-level categories you are going to have and any subcategories under each of the main categories.
(If you are going to make a category make sure you have at least 5 products in a category. You shouldn’t really make a category to have one or two products in it.)
5. Under “Name”, enter your category name.
6. Under slug, enter the URL friendly version of the name with only letters, numbers, and hyphens (Ex: text-category).
7. Under Parent, if it is a top level category you will not select anything here. If you have a subcategory you will select what parent category you want to to go under.
8. Under description, enter a description for the product category (this is optional because in some cases it will not show depending on your theme).
9. Under Display type, you can leave this as is by default.
10. To add an image, click “Upload/Add Image” and add an image already in the Media Library or Upload Files to choose an image from your computer.
11. Click “Use Image”.
12. Click “Add New Product Category”
13. To delete a category, hover over your category name and click “Delete”.