How Do I Set Up New Accounts for the Social Networks Auto Poster in WordPress?
While setting up new accounts for the social network Auto Poster can seem difficult at first, the process is relatively simple. By going to settings and clicking on the “social networks auto post,” you will be redirected to a new page, where you can add a new account and choose the social media you want to post to.
- Log in to wp-admin with your user name and password.
- In the dashboard, click on “Settings” and select “(SNAP) Social Network Auto poster.
- Click “Add new account”.
- Select the social media network you want to post to (Google+, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, YouTube, etc. – each one will tell you how to set it up.)
- Steps if you select Facebook (Click the link to the right for “Detailed Facebook Installation/Configuration Instructions):
A. Enter the Account Nickname (Just so you can easily identify it.)
B. Enter the Facebook URL (Ex: facebook profile, Facebook page, Facebook Group).
C. Facebook App ID
D. Facebook App Secret
E. Post Type (Ex: Text Post, Image Post, Text post with “attached” link)
F. Click “Update Settings”.
- Steps if you select Twitter (Click the link to the right for “Detailed Twitter Installation/Configuration Instructions”)
A. Enter your Twitter URL
B. Enter your Twitter API key
C. Enter your Twitter API secret
D. Enter your access token
E. Enter your access token secret
F. Click “Update Settings”
- Click “Submit text post” and go out to your account to make sure the test went through.
- You can delete the test post to your account when you are done.
- In the dashboard, click on “Posts”.
- Click “Add New”.
- You will see the SNAP section at the bottom called “NextScripts: Social Networks Auto Poster”.
- Make sure only the social you want to check is selected. If you don’t want to post to social then uncheck.
- Click to “Publish” the post.