To rank locally, you need a physical address and it should be displayed on your Homepage.
Note: Google My Business requires a physical address. They will not list a Post Office Box number.
- Clear Navigation
- Keywords that correctly identify who you are and the services you provide.
- Your phone number and address.
- At least 400 words of text, preferably more.
- Images with alt text that includes your keywords.
- A meta description that includes your primary keyword.
- A good SEO title.
- Internal links to other landing pages.
- A link to your Blog.
While your landing pages form the foundation of your SEO strategy, your blog reaches out to niche markets and helps boost your overall website ranking. Each blog article must follow a basic format and include meta descriptions. Not only do they help Google categorize your site, but they convince people to click through.
If you do not have a Blog, then get on the phone and call a Content Services Specialist and start one.
Have you registered on local directories? This would include Google My Business, Yelp, and Local.com. Currently, local listings get precedence over organic results, so you really need to take advantage of local optimization.
Once a year, you need to work your way through the SEO Checklist and decide whether it is time to update your website. Proper SEO can reap long-term benefits and should not be ignored. Call us and let us take a look at your site. We offer free assessments and SEO recommendations.