How Do I Edit Photos in WordPress?
- Log in to wp-admin with user name and password.
- In the dashboard, click on “Post” or “Pages” to edit.
- Click to add an image.
- Click “Select Files”.
- Select an image that is already in the “Media Library” or “Upload Files” to select an image from your computer.
- Click “Edit Image”
- Click “Scale Image” to type in the width or height you would like to change your image to in pixels.
- If you decide you want to change the size back to what you had before you can select “Restore Original Image”.
- To crop the image, click the image and drag the selection box to the image area you want. You can enter the size in “Selection” to change the pixels to the image area size you want in pixels.
You can even move the selection box a little if it is too far to one side or the other. (There are also icons in there to rotate the image, flip it up and down, or horizontally.
- Once you have the image the way you want, click the crop button to the top left of the image. This will crop the image to the size you selected.
- Enter a caption, alternative text and description based o the keyword you are using for the page.
- Click “Update”.
- You can copy the “File URL” if you want to link to it on a page or different website.
- Click “Insert into page”.
in this video I’ll show you how to
upload an image resize it and crop it
inside of WordPress so on any page or
post or other elsewhere where you can
upload an image this screen will come up
and you can click select files and find
it’ll do it’s uploading
and once it’s done it’s going to show us
the thumbnail and on the right-hand side
we’re gonna have an edit button okay so
there it is so there’s our little
thumbnail I chose a nice big image so we
can practice resizing and cropping so
let’s click this edit image button okay
now we see this edit screen now let’s
say we want to just bring it down in
size because this image is actually a
full size image what we can do is come
over here and click on scale image and
we can type in the width or the height
that we want to scale it by so if we if
we know for example that we want the
width to be 800 pixels we would type
that in the width field which is on the
left if we know that we really need to
scale it by the hide then the height
must be 300 pixels high we can type it
in that place and that field and it’ll
automatically set the other field so if
we click to scale at this point it then
has scaled it and the image has been
saved let’s say we shouldn’t have done
that and we want to restore the original
image just go up here and click on
restore original image and that’ll bring
it back to how it was so it’s it’s it is
the full size you can see here that
dimensions are gigantic but it’s only
showing you a smaller version so that
you can fit it on the screen so let’s
say we want to crop this thing all you
do is come over here to this image and
let’s say we want to focus in on the end
of the pier we just click and drag to
the area we want and you’ll notice on
the right in this image crop box the
selection fields are moving when I’m
moving my mouse so that’s a way that you
can select the area that you want
and it gives you how many pixels are
actually selected since the image is
smaller than it really is that’s pretty
helpful to know what the actual size of
my selection is so let’s say we select
the end of the pier and but we want we
want to get an exact pixel size over
here maybe it’s 500 by 300 well we can
override those numbers to make the
selection box exactly that and we can
also move this thing around a little bit
if we want to tweak it so once that’s at
the perfect spot we’ve got the perfect
dimensions here and we’re satisfied with
how we want to crop this we’ll come up
and click this crop button and it’ll
crop it and then it’ll show you the
bigger version if it’s if the image is
big enough to blow this up it will blow
it up a little bit more otherwise the
image would be showing smaller than this
now with cropping it has not saved yet
so we do need to click this Save button
now if I click the Edit image button
again there’s a couple other things that
you can do you can flip the image or
rotate it I should say or you can flip
it up and down or horizontally if you
need to and if we wanted to change the
what the default caption was for this
image we could come down here and type
this in and depending on your website
design or its theme it may or may not
actually display these on the public
website so if you do change any of these
fields down here just make sure you
click this Update button to actually
save those new captions and you can
always get the URL to this file from
this field right here if you ever need
to link to it or use it in a different
website an email template or whatever
you may need that for thank you