How Do I Use the Qode Slider in WordPress?
- Log in to the wp-admin with user name and password.
- In the dashboard, click on “Qode Slider” and drop down to “Sliders”. (Here you will see all of the different sliders that were created and what is currently being used.)
- To add a new slider, fill out the information to the left and select “Add New Slider”.
- Choose the slider you want and click “Edit”.
- You can set up the effect on the header, add a Parallax effect.
- Copy the “Slider short code”. (You will paste this into the page you want the slider on.)
- In the dashboard, click “Pages”.
- Choose the page you want the slider to go on and click “Edit”.
- Scroll down to where it says “Layer Slider or Qode Slider Short code” and paste in the short code you copied.
- If you want you can change some of the options in the short code:
A. Where the code says “auto-start”, you can set that to false or true.
B. Animation-type, you can set this to “fade” or “slide”.
C. Slide-animation, you can change the number of seconds. (NOTE: The number is based on milliseconds so 8000 would be equivalent to 8 seconds.)
D. Height, you can change the height (NOTE: This is based on the number of pixels.)
E. You can also set the responsive-height and background color.
- In the dashboard, hover over “Qode Slider” and click on “Slides”.
- To copy a slide click “clone”. (This will copy the same slide and you can go in and make any changes you want.)
- Click “Edit” to edit an existing slide.
- Scroll down to the “Slide text” to edit the text in the slider.
- Under Qode Slide Buttons and you can change the “Label” and “Link” that the button will link to. (NOTE: Button 1 will use the primary color and Button 2 will use the secondary color).]
- Under “Graphic Alignment” you can change the graphic or text alignment (Ex: Center).
- Under “Subtitle Position” you can change where you want the subtitle to be located (Ex: Below title).
- Header Skin, you can change to light for header text that would be placed over a dark background.
- Once you have everything in the slide the way you want, go over to the right hand side under “Sliders” and check the slider you want to associate it with.
- Under “Attributes” select the order.
- Click “Update”.
- In the dashboard, hover over Qode Slider and click on “Slides”.
- Once you have all the slides you want you can go over to the page you put the short code in and refresh the page to check it out.