The best websites look good and function seamlessly. No one wants to visit a site that is confusing, won’t load properly, or takes to long to navigate. It take a good web designer, plus a knowledgeable web developer, to make it all come together. Ideally, you want a company that provides both services. That way design and function work symbiotically.
THE FUNCTION OF A WEB DESIGNER
You should discuss your needs with a Web Designer BEFORE any programming is started. They ask the appropriate questions:
- Who do you consider your primary and secondary customers?
- Why might a customer use a competitor? How can we keep that from happening?
- What products or services do you offer that your competitors cannot?
- How would you like your website to figure into your company’s future growth?
- What type of goals have you set?
- Will you be selling goods or services online?
- And other questions to help in planning the best possible website for your business.
Once they have established an overall picture of your needs, then its time to plan the layout of your website. At this stage, they work closely with our web developer to tie together the design, function, and programming of the website.
THE FUNCTION OF A WEB DEVELOPER
To make sure the website work properly, you need a programmer or web developer. Web developers create opt-in pages and customer programming. Their goal is to put together a site that ranks high in search results and converts customers.
So, a good website needs the input of both a web designer and a web developer. After all both the presentation and function of your website play an equal part when it comes to attracting customers.
We are proud to say that Effect Web Agency has both web designers and web developers available to work with you every step of the way. We also offer services such as strategic marketing and SEO content.
Call us and let us show you how we can build you a beautiful, mobile-friendly website.