There is often quite a bit of confusion over the roles of a designer and a developer. Often the two terms are used interchangeably, but they function separately from one another. However, even though they are separate, it’s best if the two work closely together so that the website they build functions seamlessly.
THE JOB OF A WEB DESIGNER
Web design is all about planning and layout. Before the site is ever started, its important that the designer forms a good idea of flow, goals, and resources. They are also responsible for the look of the website and how your customers will interact with you online. During the initial consultation, they ask a number of questions:
- Who are your company’s primary customers? Secondary and tertiary customers?
- Who is your largest competitor and what do they offer? How can you compete more effectively?
- What would you consider your greatest selling points? Why should clients pick you?
- Where does your website fit in the overall business strategy you have developed?
- What are your short-term and long-term goals in regard to your company?
- Do you make sales directly on your website?
Once the information has been assembled, then they can help you develop a marketing plan and discuss the flow of your website. Afterward, the two of you decide on the look of your site. You pick the colors, images, fonts – all the things that make it beautiful and attractive to clients. It’s then time to engage the talents of the web developer.
THE JOB OF A WEB DEVELOPER
Web developers take the plan of the web designer and actually make it a reality. They write code for opt-in pages, navigation, customized layout, and many other things. It’s their responsibility to make sure the website is mobile-friendly and configured correctly for the search engines.
Without the input of both the designer and developer, you run the risk of a having a website that doesn’t work correctly.
Effect Web Agency employs both talented web designers and developers. We also have marketing specialists available to help with ad campaigns and social media.
Meet all your needs in one place. Call Effect Web Agency today.